« 1 of 18 »

Muzeum Woli

PRZEBUDOWA ODDZIAŁU MUZEUM WARSZAWY


The Museum of Wola is situated in Srebrna Street in a Neo-Renaissance palace built in 1880 for a sculptor called Aleksander Sikorski. It is a beautiful building which adds some Surrealism to the area – it is surrounded with blocks of flats, parking lots and other architectural elements, which are not necessarily very aesthetic. Thanks to its romantic character and the attractive programme, this institution is a nice place to escape in the centre of Warsaw.
After many years when it was systematically neglected by the previous owners, the Museum management decided to gradually renovate the palace. The interior design involved getting rid of the traces of various epochs.